The Best Weekend in a While, Plus Why Eastern Washington is NOT in a Drought

My new podcast is out.

I start with a very favorable weekend forecast for most of the region, with warm, dry conditions over the lowlands of western and eastern Washington.

Only the mountains may get some showers on Saturday.

And then I take on the exaggerated claims of drought in eastern Washington.

I start by referring to the climatological precipitation map of Washington, noting that much of the Columbia Basin is desert, with less than 10 inches a year.  

Only with irrigation is agriculture possible and a small shortfall of precipitation is meaningless.  

In the podcast, I review the favorable water situation that is now occurring and will be present throughout the summer for eastern Washington, with little negative impact expected on agriculture.

Bottom line:  there is no drought in eastern Washington, by any relevant measure.

To listen to my podcast, use the link below or access it through your favorite podcast service.


Some major podcast servers:

 I start with a very favorable weekend forecast for most of the region The Best  Weekend in a While, Plus Why Eastern Washington is NOT in a Drought I start with a very favorable weekend forecast for most of the region The Best  Weekend in a While, Plus Why Eastern Washington is NOT in a Drought
Like the podcast? Support on Patreon 


I start with a very favorable weekend forecast for most of the region The Best  Weekend in a While, Plus Why Eastern Washington is NOT in a Drought

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why so little lightning in the Pacific Northwest? And a very nice weekend ahead.

The Time of Year You Can See the Air Move

A Much Colder Than Normal April: But How Unusual?